Wisdom is the gift that allows the believer to sort through opinions, facts and thoughts in order to determine what solution would be best for the individual believer or the community of believers. The gift of Wisdom will allow you to have a special understanding of situations which arise in people’s lives. You will be able to offer counsel and advice. As you do this, the Body of Christ will become healthier and grow.
1 Corinthians 12:28; Acts 6:3‐10; 1 Corinthians 2:6‐16
People with this gift:
- focus on the unseen consequences in determining the next steps to take;
- receive an understanding of what is necessary to meet the needs of the body;
- provide simple, practical solutions in the midst of conflict and confusion;
- hear the Spirit provide direction for God’s best in a given situation;
- apply spiritual truth in specific and practical ways.
A person with this gift is usually:
Sensitive – Insightful – Logical – Judicious – Practical – Prudent – Rational – Reasonable
- Church Council
- Constitution Committee
- Long-Range Planning
- Mutual Ministry Committee
- Visitation Team
This gift belongs to the category ASSISTANCE. You may find useful to get information on other gifts which belong to this same category. These gifts are: Hospitality; Service.