The gift of service is the gift that enables a believer to work gladly behind the scenes in order that God’s work is fulfilled. The gift of Service will allow you to see things that need to be done. Often these are tasks overlooked by others and needs are going unmet. Assuming the role of the servant will bring you much joy and will build up the Body of Christ.
Romans 12:7; 2 Timothy 1:16‐18; Romans 14:18‐19
People with this gift:
- find the small and practical things that need to be done and enjoy doing them without being asked;
- sense God’s purpose and special meaning in fulfilling regular and needful hands‐on tasks;
- have pleasure in meeting every day responsibilities;
- enjoy doing routine tasks in the church that would bore others;
- would rather do a job than find someone else to do it.
A person with this gift is usually:
Available – Willing – Helpful – Reliable – Hard‐working – Flexible – Humble – Supportive
- Altar Guild (Traditional & New Day)
- Bread & Wine Presenter
- Clerical Work
- Flower Delivery
- Food Service (Cooking, Baking, Serving)
- Funeral Luncheons
- General Maintenance
- Herald Mailing
- Kitchen Help
- Luther Acres Volunteer
- Strawberry Festival Helper
- Transportation Provider
- Anything “Behind the Scenes,” i.e., Setting Up/Tearing Down Tables/Chairs, Preparation of Areas for Services and Programs
This gift belongs to the category ASSISTANCE. You may find useful to get information on other gifts which belong to this same category. These gifts are: Hospitality; Wisdom.