Exhortation is a gift that moves the believer to reach out with Christian love and presence to people in personal conflict or facing a spiritual void. This is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to minister words of consolation, encouragement, comfort, and counsel to other members of the body in such a way that they feel helped and healed.
Romans 12:8; Acts 14:21‐22; Hebrews 10:25
People with this gift:
- come to the side of those who are discouraged to strengthen and reassure them;
- confront, challenge, exhort and encourage those who have gotten off track in their faith or life;
- help others change their behavior by applying biblical truth;
- often have people around them because they cheer them up by their simple attitude and demeanor and down‐to‐earth advice;
- emphasize God’s promises and to have confidence in the Lord’s will.
A person with this gift is usually:
Positive – Motivating – Reassuring – Supportive – Challenging – Sensitive – Trustworthy – Optimistic
- Social Ministry
- In Touch Team
- Visitation Team
- Shut-in Communion Assistant
This gift belongs to the category SUPPORT. You may find useful to get information on other gifts which belong to this same category. These gifts are: Intercession; Mercy.