You want to raise the child in your life to know the love of God through Jesus Christ. Our Sunday School program at St. Peter’s is a great place to start, but faith formation is a daily thing. Here are some resources that can help you model Christian faith for your family.
Many resources are available in our Church Library. Visit our Library Page to learn more.
Here are resources for building faith practices in the home and how to be a Christ-follower in the midst of life’s milestones.
- Is the Bible True?
A video discussion about whether the Bible is “true.”
Information about a family faith routine that involves sharing, reading the Bible together, talking, praying and blessing each other.
- Living Lutheran
Tips for teaching our kids about stewardship.
How do I Pray?
Prayer is an essential part of our faith life. Check out these resources about how you and your family may grow in your prayer practice.
- Tips for Praying with Children
Some tips for praying with children.
- How to Cover Your Child in Prayer
A helpful article about how to pray for your child.
- Prayers for Children
A collection of prayers kids can use.
- Living Lutheran
A story about how a pastor grew in prayer.
- Church Leaders
An article about the importance of children leading prayer.
Our life is filled with milestones–some joyful and some sorrowful. Find resources on how to connect your faith life to your family’s life events.
- Consolation for Life’s Darkest Hours: 7 Unusual and Wonderful Books ….
Seven book recommendations for use in talking with children about death.
- The Best Children’s Books of 2015
A list of excellent children’s books.
- Milestones of Faith: Creating Rhythms through Rites of Passage
An article linking religious milestones from birth to college and beyond.
- Naming of the Animals
A clever creation story video with some coming of age overtones.
- Living Lutheran
A story about a different kind of birthday invitation.
Being a parent or mentor to a child can be pretty tough sometimes especially as you navigate through faith, development and the complexities of life. It’s good to have resources to help you along the way.
The child in your life is learning and sometimes experiencing growing pains, too. Check out these resources on the different ways your child is growing.
- Faith Development and Faith formationf or kids
An article on faith development throughout a child’s life.
- The ABC’s of Spiritual Growth
An article from Children’s Ministry Magazine on the spiritual development of children.
- The Effects of Bullying on Childhood Development
Resources for understanding how bullying effects school-aged children.
- Helping Kids Deal with Bullies
Information about bullying, including ways you can help your child.
Being Faithful in Diversity
We are called to be loving Christians in a diverse world. Check out these resources on ways to be faithful to God and loving to neighbor.
- Kid President 20 Things We SHould Say More Often
A cute video with “Kid President” on ways to build mutual respect among people.
- How to Talk About Other Religious Traditions to Your Kids
An article about discussing world religions with children.
- The Brownstone: A Lovely Vintage Children’s Book About Accommodating Each Other’s Differences
A vintage children’s book about accommodating differences. (CR)
- The Best LGBT Children’s Books: A Sweet and Assuring Celebration of Diversity and Difference
A list of children’s books that address LGBT issues.